The Geography program seeks to develop
students who can identify, describe, analyze
and solve the complex interactions that exist
between humans and natural worlds.
|Program Specific Outcome
- • Students will read, interpret and
generate maps and other geographic
representations as well as extract,
analyze and present information from a spatial perspective.
- • Students will be able to think in spatial
terms to explain what has occurred in
the past as well as using geographic
principles to understand the present
plans for the future.
- • Students will develop a solid
understanding of the concepts of space,
place, region, and their importance in
explaining world affair.
- • Students will understand global and
regional patterns of cultural, political
and economic institutions and their
effects on the presentation, use and
exploitation of natural resources and
- • Eligible to get jobs in industries,
schools and government offices;
cartographer, climate change analyst,
climatologist, emergency management
specialist, geomorphologist, surveyor,
town planner etc.
|HGeography of North-East
India with Special
Reference to Arunachal
- • To understand the physical background of North-East
- • To acquire knowledge about the availability of mineral and
power resources in North-East India.
- • To understand the historical evolution of Arunachal
Pradesh, and its population, growth, and distribution
|History of North-east
- • The aim of this course is to provide basic knowledge of the
political and historical events of the people of North-East
India from the advent of the British to the independence of
- • To understand the fundamentals of Physical Geography.
- • To acquire knowledge about origin of various landforms
- • To understand the formation of rocks, their types, and
- • To acquire knowledge of Internal and External forces.
|Geographical Data Analysis
and Computer Application
- • To understand different types of data and the process of
analysis by using computers.
|Population and Settlement
- • To understand the history of population.
- • Study of distribution and density of population.
- • To get knowledge of population theories
- • Investigate current issues and problems in India.
- • To understand the settlement patterns and their related
|Fundamental of RS, GIS and GNSS
- • To understand the history of remote-sensing.
- • To know aerial photographs and satellite imageries.
- • Acquire knowledge Indian remote sensing.
- • Investigate components and functions of GIS.
- • To understand the structure, composition of atmosphere.
- • To understand weather phenomena, winds, humidity, and
- • To understand the process of weather forecasting.
|DIP and Spatial Data
Analysis, Field Study
- • To understand the importance of spatial data in
- • Make use of GIS and GPS software.
- • To understand the process of field study and report
|Geography of Tourism
- • To understand the importance of tourism.
- • To acquire knowledge about the types of tourism.
- • To understand the impact of tourism in society and culture.